What you may do with resources from Hearts of Love
In order promote the gospel of Jesus Christ through evangelism and to equip Christians to biblically share and grow in their faith, Hearts of Love encourages the use of its resources. However, Hearts of Love is also entrusted with the stewardship of the intellectual property, including copyrights, that it creates. Hearts of Love integrates this desire through access to its resources with its legal requirements to preserve these resources. Therefore, any use, reproduction, or distribution (online or otherwise) of Hearts of Love owned content must be done in accordance with the terms of this Permissions Policy. Permission to use content owned or created by an individual or organization other than Hearts of Love must be sought by you and received directly from same. This includes articles, publications, print or digital resources, etc.
Resources and Trademarks
This policy protects all resources owned by Hearts of Love by providing guidelines for their limited and honorable use for the purposes stated above. “Resources” include all books, tracts, articles, devotionals, teaching series, evangelism seminars, music, and all forms of media owned by Hearts of Love and provided by Hearts of Love through this website and/or any and all public engagements. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, resources may not be reproduced or distributed for commercial purposes or monetary gain, including resources available on our website designated as “free.”
Written permission from Hearts of Love is required in order to reproduce, display, or in any way use a trademark, service mark, design mark, logo, or trademarked image owned by Hearts of Love, with the minor exception of utilizing one of our logos or trademarks as a web link icon that links directly back to our website. Be aware that permissions cannot be granted for any other images, artwork, or designs used in any resource, whether digital or in print, for which Hearts of Love does not own such rights.
Usage and Distribution Guidelines
The use of Hearts of Love owned digital resources is subject to the following conditions.
To ensure the sustainability and effectiveness of Hearts of Love, you must observe the following usage guidelines in addition to the ones stated above when using any permitted Hearts of Love resource under this Permissions Policy. The following five general guidelines apply to all permitted uses (also refer to the subsequent list of specific categories for more detail):
- No use is permitted that alters, revises, or significantly changes the format of the content being used (example: video to audio).
- No use is permitted that creates any derivative work.
- With the exception of reproduction costs, permitted use may not include charging of any fees or other remuneration.
- Permitted use must include appropriate attribution.
- Permission cannot be granted by Hearts of Love for use or distribution of any non-Hearts of Love materials.
- Digital media created and owned by Hearts of Love, purchased or made available on our website, may be freely shared with direct family members of your household, within the confines of your household, or via your personal media devices. Resource specific usage policies and permissions apply when made available.
- We do not permit downloading and re-uploading of our videos/audios in full or in part to any other website (including but not limited to YouTube, Vimeo and Flickr or other such websites not named herein) but we do approve of linking our content on your personal social media platform.
- All Hearts of Love owned articles, devotionals, product descriptions, questions & answers, etc. may be shared online if the original source is cited and the content is not altered. If you share any content from HeartsofLove.org on any website, a link to the original content must be included in the attribution. Resources created and/or owned by others outside of Hearts of Love are not available for sharing without prior permission from same.
- When reproducing (with permission) Hearts of Love owned resources, the following information must be included: Resource/Message Title (hyperlink to original content), Copyright [year of publishing] by [teacher’s name], HeartsofLove.org (hyperlink to https://heartsoflove.org).
Permission for use of Hearts of Love physical media resources (CDs, DVD's, etc.) is subject to the following:
- Hearts of Love physical media resources may be reproduced and distributed within the confines of the owner’s immediate household.
- In addition to personal use, Hearts of Love physical media resources may be used in church classes, small groups, and in private group settings.
- When reproducing any Hearts of Love owned resources with permission, the following information must be included: Resource/Message Title, Copyright [year of publishing] by [teacher’s name], HeartsofLove.org.
Print Resources include printed teaching materials, books, tracts, etc. The use of Hearts of Love print resources is subject to the following conditions:
- With the exception of our newsletters, Hearts of Love does not currently offer other print resources which are authored and/or owned by Hearts of Love. However, when such resources do become available, please contact us via email to inquire about desired specific uses. Limitations may apply due to third-party content contained in specific works, making it not available for reproduction on any level.
- Works authored and published by others – Please contact the specific publisher to request permissions for use.
These Terms and Conditions are Subject to Change
By using this website and its associated products, you agree to be bound by this Permissions Policy. Such use of the Hearts of Love website and any content contained herein does not vest in the user any rights of ownership or any license, assignment, or transfer of copyright. Except as allowed by law, you agree not to challenge Hearts of Love's copyright ownership or their validity of the content contained herein at any time. If you do not agree to do so, you may not access, use, or download materials and resources from Hearts of Love. Hearts of Love reserves the right to change or revoke these terms at any time. Hearts of Love reserves the right and sole discretion to require the immediate removal of any Hearts of Love content, in any format, from a non-Hearts of Love website at any time, and users must comply upon receipt of notice. Further uses after revocation of the rights under this policy are a violation of US copyright and US trademark law.